From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:13:59 -0400
Dear Friends:
  This is a lovely new study, showing that milk from mothers lactating a year or more has increased fat and energy contents. Amazing! I assume that mothers who were lactating longer than one year were not the sole source of their infant's intake; the breasts were in autocrine mode by then.
  The study is small, 34 mothers who were lactating more than  one year. The control group was 27 mothers who had been lactating for 2-6 months.
  warmly,

 http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/116/3/e432?etoc

Nikki Lee RN, MS, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CCE