From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 19:40:53 -0500
At 08:37 PM 3/17/97 -0800, you wrote:
>Heidi wrote:
>
>>What are the dangers of silicon nipples?

[snip]

>Beyond the dangers from the material from which the bottle nipple is
>made, Dr. Palmer suggests that use nipples and excessive sucking,
>either  pacifiers or thumbs, can change the natural shape of the
>palate.  These changes can be to push up the height of the palate, and
>even possibly elongate the mouth.

Thanks, but I was referring to the dangers of the material silicone vs.
rubber/latex.  I know all nipples can alter the development of the oral
cavity.  I am concerned that someone posted something about 'dangers' of
silicone- but I know of no such dangers?

Heidi Murphy
Peer Counselor, BSN Student