Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 18:39:02 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Hi all,

I'm still pondering about the whole issue: what is the difference, like Gonneke said, about ABM or bottles with teats being on a supermarket shelve and mothers going to that supermarket to buy it, and bottles with teats being on a digital shelve and mothers going to that digital shelve to buy it? Why is the second considered a violation and the first one not? Medela doesn't send brochures to pregnant mothers, do they? I was told they also don't show bottles and teats in their stand during symposia and congresses and indeed, I never saw the controversial items.
I do agree that the wordings ('supporting breastmilk') could be improved and got in touch with Medela to that end, but after looking at the Code-articles I still don't see there's a clear-cut violation in telling on your website (where people go if they want to, like they can go to a shop, which is different than mail being sent to you or all that hospital-bags you never asked for... don't even think that exists here!) that you sell a product. I know many of you totally disagree with that, but I really wonder if the Code can be explained so strictly. Who's to decide whether something is a violation... WHO-people? Is there any jurisdiction on this? Where can I find it, if it exists? Like said before: it is not forbidden to sell substitutes and other stuff; you just cannot actively and agressively bother people with it who didn't ask for it and cannot offer it at stunt prices.
Jane (Kershaw), I hope I don't put you off Lactnet by my mail...;o) Hope to get a link to jurisdiction that can enlighten me in these dark days.
The house looks wonderful, though, with loads of candles, red and gold decorations and a block of wood burning in the stove.
I wish you all wonderful days and hope the ones with little babies at breast can feel as peaceful as the Christmas message (without pumps and bottles... :o))!

Warmly,

Marianne Vanderveen, Netherlands

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2