From:
Ayelet Kaznelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 2010 20:26:22 -0400
Hi
Mom came today to my clinic. Baby transferred 0.1 oz in 20 minutes. Taped a
# 5 french feeding tube with a syringe full of previously pumped breastmilk
and baby started nursing effectively. The good news is that since I ran into
them on Saturday, the baby gained more than 10 oz. Mother has been
supplementing every feed. Baby finally started responding more to his
surrounding. Cries when bottle is taken out of his mouth if he not done.
Letting mom know he needs more. He hasn't done that in almost 7 weeks. The
poor thing kind of gave up. But he seems back.
(OMG, my 6 year old just came over and knowing I am doing breastfeeding
related work here said, "I wonder why people have problems with latching
when they can just write it all in one big manual. And I know 'cause I was a
baby once"... So there you have it, ladies, Liam says just get the manual
 :))

We have a plan. Mother is on board with it all. Thanks again to all of you
for your support. Nice not to practice in a vacuum.

Best,
Ayelet Kaznelson, IBCLC in NYC.