Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 23:11:34 -0700
Well, I don't think that anyone who imposes strict and rigid rules about bf is a
professional in the true meaning of the word as related to breastfeeding help.
And further - what about after the terrible start at the hospital and when all
the iatrogenic issues are a fact, what should one do? The only idea that was
given as to how to overcome this is a home visit from a midwife or a mother-baby
nurse - I can hardly call that a natural model to obtain breastfeeding
knowledge, it is just the same professional thing and advice, just a more
friendly atmosphere.

Sorry, I was not impressed by the article. I see the valid points in it, but
somehow it seems to be directed against all the professionals in the
breastfeeding arena and it rubs me the wrong way.

Christina Yaneva
National Association for BF Support
Bulgaria