From:
Dany Gauthier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 06:57:34 -0400
Hi Lactnetters!

There is no available info on the newer antihistamines, but as a rule of
thumb we should inform the mother that she should go for shorter acting
drugs (the ones being taken every six hours). The longer acting drugs can
accumulate in the baby's system. If any of you had an allergy test done you
must have been told that you had to wait one week or so after the last dose
of a shorter acting drug or 30 days after the last dose of a longer acting
drug. I am not a pharmacist but one can assume that Claritin, Seldane,
Hismanal and Reactine should be avoided.
Dany Gauthier IBCLC
Montreal, Canada
Tel: 514-923-3792
Fax:514-923-3802