Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2017 14:19:18 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I am working in a small hospital that wants to work on 'some' of the steps to become Baby-Friendly.  We have a new group of Neonatal Nurse Practioners who round on all infants.  I have been called into the office and told I cannot suggest or even mention tongue tie.  In addition, all SGA, LGA, and bili baby must have a bottle of ABM.  I am not allowed to even mention an alternative feeding method.  I cannot provide any teaching sheets on any of the above either. I feel like this is not only working with my hands tied, but unethical to say the least. The managers agree with the ARNP's and so do the nurses.  I am all alone here.  They are sending some of the staff to the CLC course because that will increase our breastfeeding rates.  My manager told me I am the reason our breastfeeding rates are so low.  They run between 17-23% for exclusivity. I was even given low marks on my yearly evaluation because of this.  I have been an IBCLC for 21 years. This is very hard on me. I am very distraught over this whole situation. Any advice?

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2