From:
Jo-Anne Elder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 21:29:21 -0300

>it stands to reason breastfeeding annoys them too.  It takes more
>time, it requires more interaction, it means less control by them and more
>given to the dyad.  It probably doesn't sit well anymore than the labor support
>does.

Well, I'm a mom, so I know that it takes much longer when you let a
child learn to do things for himself. It's much faster, easier, more
efficient just to do it yourself, right? For that matter, being
supportive and listening takes way too much time. And love, well... It's
totally inefficient! LOL
And then we wonder why we feel cut off from ourselves, that we don't
know anything, that birth, breastfeeding and heck, life are medical
issues best left to professionals, or, even better, machines.

Jo-Anne Elder-Gomes