From:
Jaye Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 07:35:47 -0800
Hi All,
I read through the links this morning and sat there reading in horror.
While they may be all about nutrition several of the links on breastfeeding
make it look as if breastfeeding is potentially dangerous (Read the
Breastfeeding Saga).  While I felt for the woman in that story I was
horrified that she gave her babies raw unpasturized cow's milk with lactose
added and sounded as if that was superior to breastmilk.  Then she goes on
to talk about severl other people who breastfed exclusively and how damaged
their children were.  The recipes for homemade formula scared the heck out
of me - especially since they assume that mother's making this stuff would
be extremely vigilant about preparation.  Maybe many would, but ALL??

This is one site I could not, in good conscience, recommend to anyone.
Scary to me.  But then, I do not have any nutritional degree and am not
educated enough to know if their homemade formulas are safe or even
semi-reasonable for babies.  While I may not feel that store bought ABM is
wonderful and a very healthy alternative I seriously question the safety of
making your own...

Just my thoughts this morning...

Warmly,
Jaye Simpson, IBCLC