From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2000 00:45:37 EDT
In a message dated 6/9/0 4:32:18 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

<< Yep, you can do it.  I have always nursed while my husband drove by sitting
in the backseat--buckled--leaning over the carseat and nursing.  Is it comfy.
NOPE .>>

Like Chris said about her colicky baby, I would never have left the house w/
my dd when she was an infant if I could not sit in the back and nurse her
while my dh drove. (Those were the days before I discovered Network
Chiropractic and cranial-sacral therapy, so she was miserable in the
carseat).

 <<I sat in the middle with the twins and leaned to one and then the
other.  Grant you, I do not think I would do this while driving myself.  Just
thought you should know it was possible. >>

In a foolish moment (okay, there were many of them), I climbed into the back
seat while dh was driving to bf my first baby and cracked a rib on the
headrest. I've also had a couple of plugged ducts from leaning over the
carseat. I see carseats as necessary, but inconsistant w/ holistic mothering,
so it was worth it to console my babies.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA