From:
Yvonne Bannister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:21:57 EDT
In a message dated 98-09-05 20:40:46 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<  vote for a medal of valor for this mom.  How about you? >>

Absolutely!! And the medal of empowerment to you!!  Thanks for sharing,  how
did you educate and inform this mother?  Was it through communication or
documentation?

As a former sciencetist, I have a tendecy to always want to show proof of what
I am saying to both doctors and parents.  I don't think this is a very
effective way dealing with a situation and it also tends to be very time
consuming for me.  And of course I am trying to change my ways as per this
lovely group of Lacnetters!  So if any of you care to share your empowerment
power, it would be a great thread!!

Smiles,
Yvonne
Yvonne C. Bannister, LLLL, IBCLC
Private Practice/Baby's BestFeeding
"A mother holds her baby . . . who lovingly holds her breast and gets the
best!"