From:
cillakat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:23:10 -0400
I'm just full of btdt's lately:)  My now 3 yo nursed this way from day
one.  If I would try to hold her hands away from her mouth, she would
scream as if I wasn't letting her nurse.   To her, literally from day
one, nursing was a combination of behaviors that included attempting to
have her thumb in her mouth (and succeeding).

It was _very_ very difficult.  I don't think we resolved it until about
9 mos, and didn't get twiddling stopped until about 15 mos.

Does she have sensory/oral issues?  Perhaps.  Nothing significant enough
for teachers/others to noticed anything, ped brushed it off when I
broached the subject.... but she does have lots of sensitivity issues
with clothes, foods, teeth being brushed, sounds....

In talking about this with other moms, I did find one other mom who's
child did this  as well.  Baby nursed until she was three, she's now a
typical 20 with no obvious presentations of SID or related issues.

:)
katherine in atl
who definitely has sensory issues