Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:15:03 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
I need some advice on a mom and baby. I have a mother who has a baby who likes to keep the tongue at the roof of the mouth. The hospital lactation person gave the mom a nipple shield and mom has had some success with latch with shield. I came to visit the mom 10 days out because mom wanted to get rid of the shield. Baby has a receded, short tongue but doesn't have alot of the other signs of posterior tongue tie.What this baby does have is an extremely high palate. Baby would not latch on without the shield so I advised mom to try the session with the shield and then half way through take it away. Mom tried that with success and baby was actually nursing well without for a couple of days. Now mom is noticing clicking and is experiencing pain at the nipple site. If someone could review with me the reasons why the clicking is happening. And what I could advise this mom. She had the same problems with her first child and over time it was worked out and nursed for over a year. I have had one of the craziest weeks and my head is fried and not thinking straight so I need some help from someone who may have their thinking cap on. Thanks again. 

Julie

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2