From:
ADNIL BP <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:09:43 EST
After the Nestle Company  "nourishes" our babies with their products, when our
children grow up, they can continue this "optimum nutrition" with another
Nestle product I found on the shelf.  Nestle owns Libby which sells "Potted
Meat Food Product."  What is this?  Read on as I quote from the ingredient
label:
Mechanically separated chicken, partially defatted cooked pork fatty tissue,
beef tripe, partially defatted cooked beef fatty tissue, vinegar, salt,
spices, sugar, natural flavors, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite.

The label says it is "a delicately seasoned spread perfect for sandwiches and
snacks."  (I wonder if their CEO's eat this stuff.  Yuk.)

A part of the label says: "We'd like to hear from you!"   They are.   I just
wrote for complete nutritional information and also asked what is
"mechanically separated chicken."  (I can only imagine.)

Linda Pincus, RN , IBCLC