From:
Esther Wiles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 15:29:54 -0500
 I received a phone and fax from one of our local midwives  last
Wednesday as she was trying to catch up on her reading.
 She was reading an article from Obstetrics, Nov1, 1998.
"Antidepressants Don't preclude breast-feeding"
 They quoted a Frank J. Nice, D.P.A. a public health pharmacist at the
National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Md. She wanted to know if I
had ever hear of him?,  No,  but I stated I would send it all on to you
and ask for your feed back.
 After reading the article I am a little leary of the Prozac
information, "The long-term neurobehavioral and developmental effects of
porzac (fluoxentine) on infants are unknown. The package lableling
states that use of the agent is contraindicatd in women who are
breastfeeding. But "a lot of nursing mothers have been takig Prozac"
without any reported adverse effects on infants"  he said. And "it's my
understanding that the food and drug administration is going to ask the
manufacturer to redefine its contraindications." including this one, Dr.
Nice said.
 I sent her the information that Dr. T. Hale released in Dec, 1998 about
Prozac, his concerns/warning about usig it, but would like to know if
that has changed and if any of you know of this individual, she wants to
know if this information is reliable.

Also a big Thanks to Kathleen for coming To Ann Arbor Michigan, last
Friday. I enjoyed my day with her very much, lots of good information at
the conference.

I have to go nomail, after 8pm tonight, work the next two days, so if
you have an answer or comment, please send to my e-mail,