From:
Felicia Henry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:50:39 -0700
Micky,

I love this outline!  For years I have been trying to explain to parents who tell me that they tried to practice attachment parenting, but it didn't work.  Their baby slept better in a separate crib - so they feel attachment parenting went wrong and they 'couldn't do it' right.  I always try to explain that what they did is the essence of attachment parenting, they listened to their child, did what worked best for their child not what they felt they should do.  Since this lists 'engage in nighttime parenting', not co-sleeping it explains it so much better - you are still a parent at night you don't 'clock out' and finish when the lights go out.

Felicia Henry, BCCE, IBCLC
Oxnard, CA