From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 01:03:13 +0200
My mother used to treat us with whole cloves of fresh garlic.  I don't
remember taking it more than once or twice in my childhood.  My brother
learned to self-medicate, possibly out of a desire for privacy about his
intestinal guests.  Not too effective!  Anyone with a nose could tell when
he had the itchy visitors.  He reeked of garlic, though he claimed he
enjoyed the added benefit of being able to kill spiders with his breath.
We all know garlic-flavored milk is fine for nurslings, right?
BTW, aren't pinworms merely unbelievably annoying?  They probably aren't any
more dangerous than head lice, so if you didn't mind the symptoms but
objected to the treatment, you could just not treat them at all :)
Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway