From:
RnMbryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 23:15:21 EDT
Today I had the chance to work on the Mother-Baby unit of our hospital, I am a
NICU nurse who is known as one of those Breastfeeding Fanactics. I spent time
with a breastfeeding mom and dad, when done I asked if there was anything else
I could help them with and she said she had a coupon for one of those diaper
bags from the formula company. I told her we had them but we took the formula
out because we knew that mother's milk was best. She went on to tell me that
she had already recieved a case of formula to her home BEFORE the baby was
born. My mouth fell open. We can educate the families all we can, but it seems
to me that the formula companies are always a step ahead of us. How can we
stop this from happening??

Molly M. Bryant RNC
Eugene, Oregon