From:
Alwyn Goodall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 15:55:40 -0700
Thank you so much Gail, Rowena and Nancy and anyone else who helped to
answer my questions about the swelling on this baby's lip.  As a diet
tech, I'd never had any training to know what this was.  The only reason
I guessed hematoma with the information I was given was because I'd had
a dog who'd had a hematoma removed from his ear.  Lactnet participants
are certainly helpful people.  I will try to find out more about this
baby.  I don't know why she was drinking so much formula.  The mother
thought it was because she needed solids but couldn't eat them.  I'll
forward the material you sent to the R.D. at the Wic office where I saw
the client.
Judy in Phoenix where I believe the staff at my regular office would
have referred this client to me when she first came in to say why she
wanted formula.  County-wide we still have a lot of work to do.