From:
Janice Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2006 16:52:35 -0600
Fired Nurse Sues Baptist Hospital Over Breast Pumping Issue
Jan 17, 2006

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=4374818

Memphis - Angela Smith adores her one year old son Dylan. But in May 2004,
after returning to her nursing job at Baptist Hospital Collierville after
having Dylan, she was in for a shock.

She inquired about using her fifteen minute work breaks to go into a
designated area and use a breast pump to provide his milk. "They told me
there would be no problem. They had people that have pumped before. They
allowed me to use a pump from the hospital and allowed me to pump in Labor
and Delivery in a private room." says Smith.

From May to January, she says everything was fine. Angela Smith says she was
never told she had done anything wrong or that there was a problem with her
using her break to take care of her motherly duties. But last January her
supervisors called her in and told her she would be suspended.

(see link for full article)

Janice Reynolds