From:
Andrea Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 21:12:57 -0500
Maybe it says what people want it to say.  If you are pro-BF, you think
"how nice".  If you are against BF, or think it's stupid or that BF'ers are
nuts, you think "It's those nipple Nazi's again".  In which case, the cover
doesn't do anything one way or the other to change people's perceptions.

I took it metaphorically, not literally.  I didn't really think a woman
would be breastfeeding a child on a construction site, whether high in the
air or on the ground.  I took it to mean "Look, any kind of mom can
breastfeed.  And any kind of (female) worker can be a mom." I thought it
was rather joyous and tender.

Andrea Morgan