From:
Mary Romskog <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:20:52 -0500
Today I received a call from the mother of a three month old baby.  She is
a police officer and is having difficulty pumping.  We talked at length
about all the circumstances surrounding her pumping but she asked me a
question that has me stumped.  She's wondering if her need to wear a bullet
proof vest up to eight hours a day can be impacting her milk supply.  The
vest was purchased pre-pregnancy (so it's small for her now) and she is
unable to replace it at a cost of over $500.  Her concern is that though
the vest is lightweight could the weight and pressure impact her supply.  I
did check the archives and  found a few related items from 1997-98 about a
police officer that wore a vest and had no problems.  I've also checked
with our Wisconsin La Leche League Professional Liasion Leader.  But I'm
hoping someone might shed some light on this situation for me.

Thanks!

Mary Romskog, LLLL