Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:33:39 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
I am currently taking an Intro to Counseling course.  I chose for a research topic "the impact of feeling touched out by breastfeeding on a couple".  I know this is a topic of conversation at LLL meetings, and among mothers, but who do you all refer to if the couple is having significant difficulties as a couple?  I am assuming that LC's don't do couples counseling or do they?     How do LLLL handle this situation?  

What tools are available for a couple who finds breastfeeding the battleground?  
Have any of you had experiences with counselors who were detrimental to the breastfeeding relationship?  Who suggested weaning as the best solution, perhaps?
How important is it to have a counselor who has had breastfeeding experience either personally or as a partner?

I have done some internet searches, without much luck. Please feel free to point out if there is a particular researcher or expert in this field that I should be reading.  This is a simple paper but I find this subject fascinating, and will read above and beyond what is required for the paper.  

Thank you much for your input.   
Lisa Paul, ICCE

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2