From:
Lisa Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:33:39 -0400
I am currently taking an Intro to Counseling course.  I chose for a research topic "the impact of feeling touched out by breastfeeding on a couple".  I know this is a topic of conversation at LLL meetings, and among mothers, but who do you all refer to if the couple is having significant difficulties as a couple?  I am assuming that LC's don't do couples counseling or do they?     How do LLLL handle this situation?

What tools are available for a couple who finds breastfeeding the battleground?
Have any of you had experiences with counselors who were detrimental to the breastfeeding relationship?  Who suggested weaning as the best solution, perhaps?
How important is it to have a counselor who has had breastfeeding experience either personally or as a partner?

I have done some internet searches, without much luck. Please feel free to point out if there is a particular researcher or expert in this field that I should be reading.  This is a simple paper but I find this subject fascinating, and will read above and beyond what is required for the paper.

Thank you much for your input.
Lisa Paul, ICCE