From:
Kathy Eng <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 11:19:09 -0500
Here's my pessimistic take on the Galleria Mall thing. I doubt four men were watching this lady nurse her baby. This is a huge mall, very busy, two floors, and miles of walking area. I think the mall staff made this up as a way to justify the actions of the guard. This is a huge, high dollar mall, always crowded when I have been there. I don't remember any areas of comfortable seating where people would congregate. Just some benches every so often and the crowded busy food court area that is huge.

We had some good press here in Houston on this. Channel 13 news was all positive. The newspaper was positive also, which shocked me to no end. One station had a poll on their web site, should moms bf in public? When I answered this question on Thursday, it was running 60% yes, 40% no. And this was only after us LLL people had been alerted and many of us emailed in comments/votes.

Kathy Eng, BSW, IBCLC, Houston, TX