Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 20:21:24 -0500
Linda,
I agree!!! My biggest source of personal and professional frustration is
colleagues that don't know something they think they know, or are supposed
to know about, like, say breastfeeding.  Within the last week, I've had one
phone call from a new mom of a breastfed 3-week-old whose Pedi had told her
that her baby had "a GI virus, and she should give Pedialyte and pump"
because he was having 2-3 "good" poops and 10 or so stains every day
(acting fine, eating like crazy, thriving).  Another Pedi told a mother of
a 2-week-old whose breastfed baby hadn't pooped in 2 days that he was
"constipated, and she should just use a glycerin suppository".  And these
are the Pedis who didn't attend our big breastfeeding conference last week
because they're too busy/already know it all.  ARRRRGH!
Becky Saenz, MD, IBCLC