From:
Arly Helm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 1995 05:50:53 -0700
Had a patient last week who was bf for the first time, third child.  After
I helped her and the baby was nursing well, she mentioned rather casually
that she had cervical cancer.  Upon further questioning, she said that it
had been detected by an abnormal Pap smear at the beginning of her
pregnancy and that she was having an operation to remove most of her cervix
in six weeks.  I asked her if she had been given a numerical grade as to
the severity of her condition and she said she had been told the malignancy
was "CIN Level 3."

I am not knowledgeable about cancer, so would those who are going to
address chemo and bf also fill me in a bit on this patient, given the above
pt history?

Arly Helm

[log in to unmask] (Arly Helm, LC)