From:
Nikki Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2008 15:34:59 EST
Dear Friends:

I wrote a letter to the editor about this article saying that I was glad to
see that doulas and lactation consultants are worth writing about, about the
lovely research showing how doulas are so helpful in reducing cesarean section
 rates (I gave some names: Klaus, Kennell and Sosa), and about how difficult
it  is to find any good practitioner, whether it be a car mechanic or a
dentist or a  lactation consultant.

This sentence made me laugh,  "but some lactation consultants fear  that
babies will develop a taste for formula and  then reject breast  milk."

 I remember the dreadful faces babies made when I worked in the  nursery and
had to give them bottles of formula. If it tasted good, they  wouldn't throw
up after they got 5 cc now, would they?

 How many of us have tried to get anyone to even taste the stuff??  Even
smelling it gives one the willies.
And the specialty formulas are so vile that some babies will refuse to  drink
it.

Whereas my own milk tasted like cotton candy........

warmly,

Nikki Lee RN,  MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI
craniosacral therapy practitioner
_www.myspace.com/adonicalee