From:
Pardee Hinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 19:40:00 -0500
Janet, I have seen a decrease in milk supply related to a mother drinking a
large amount of water.  I do not know how to define the exact amount of liquid
an individual should consume.  My general advice to mothers has been the old
'drink to thirst' stand-by and suggesting that they watch their urine.  If it is
a pale yellow, ok;  if it is dark, drink more;  if it is clear, they are
drinking too much.

I have had good luck with mothers using Mothers Milk Tea to increase supply.
They are using 2 to 4 cups per day (usually, the 4).  They seem to notice result
in 24 to 36 hours.

Hope this helps!

Pardee Hinson, MPH, IBCLC
Charlotte, NC    [log in to unmask]