Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:32:28 -0600
On Nov 26, 2006, at 9:20 AM, LACTNET automatic digest system wrote:

> Like another poster said,
> the mothers will need to demand the doctors provide  the accurate
> information.

The other day I got a call from the head nurse at a local obstetric
practice.  She asked me if I had any breastfeeding info suitable to be
used as handouts for moms.  I told her I had delivered stacks of such
things to her office every six months for the last three years (with
food, to get me in the door), and I bet they were all stashed in a file
drawer somewhere.

I went out of my comfort zone to make those deliveries, baking cookies
or whatever to go with them, and it would all have been for naught,
except that the day I got that phone call, one of their pregnant
patients looked through her goody bag in the waiting room and demanded
to know why on earth there was no breastfeeding info in there :)

So, yep, it's all about empowering the moms in this realm, too.

Lynn in MO