Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 21:57:27 -0800
In addition to the lecithin, I have moms with history of recurrent mastitis
take Vitamin C 500mg a day.  Don't know for sure if it helps, but it won't
hurt.  Maybe it strengthens the epithelium lining the ducts to prevent
bacterial invasion.   So far have done this with 2 moms, and they think it
helps, ie, longer times between bouts ( months as opposed to weeks) for one
of them, and fewer total bouts (one for baby #3 vs three bouts by age 2 mos
for babies #1&2).  Just a thought.

Becky Saenz, MD, IBCLC
Asst Prof Fam Med
Univ of MS Med Ctr