Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 1999 01:59:08 EDT
   I have been gone for a while from reading or posting.  Many problems with
my husband's and my parents to tackle.  I have a situation where I need some
information quickly.  I would appreciate any help please e-mail me privately.
 Thank you ahead of time.

Part 1   One of my clients has a baby with an excessive amount of tone not
only in her jaw but her tongue, so that the baby latches on and does not do
nutritive sucking.  We did suck training for 5 days and mom pumped.  The baby
does open her mouth wider, but still doing the same thing.  I uses a SNS with
pedialite (mom does not want to use formula) and she did great suck swallows.
 HOWEVER the mothers nipple is still coming out of the babies mouth looking
like an orthodontic nipple sooo I think that means that the baby is using her
tongue and humping up the back which blocks the nipple from going in where it
should.  I am about ready to try a nipple shield so the baby will put her
tongue down, but am not sure, as 5 days of fingerfeeding did not help and in
all my other cases it made a great difference.

Part 2  Mom bought a M------a battery electric.  I am telling her that if she
wants to return to work at 6 weeks (UGH) she might need a better quality
pump, but I am rusty on the difference so I cannot give an intelligent
answer.  I f any one has the cycle difference handy, I would greatly
appreciate it.  Usually clients ask me what is the best pump, I ask what is
your situation and then make a suggestion.  This mom did not follow my
suggestion and bought this and now wants to know why she has plugged ducts
that will not come out and why her supply is going down. Help!
Thanks, Camille