From:
GldTBear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 21:04:00 EDT
My son receives Botox every 6-9 months for treatment of his cerebral palsy. In
our initial discussions with his MD I relayed my apprehension. She assured me
that the dose is very small and it basically stays at the site injected
(otherwise you would have a systemic reaction). I can't imagine that this
small dose would transmit to the milk however I have nothing in documentation.
My son will actually be injected next week and I will be sure to ask his MD
this question even though you may need the info sooner.
Lisa Enger RN IBCLC
Boston