From:
Marie Schulte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 08:03:08 -0800
What about using a good germacide solution that also kills candida? It would
not be as damaging as bleach or as much of a hassle as boiling water. I am
looking at my literature for Shaklee's Basic G. It is a fairly nontoxic
concentrated germacide that can be used in the laundry for bras, sheets,
clothes, etc. It could be diluted to an appropriate concentration for soaking
that diaphram or pacifiers or whatever. The literature specifically says it
kills Candida. There must be other hospital type disinfectants that could be
used this way. (Lysol, et al don't usually kill Candida.) The other thing
that I have heard of and used for vaginal yeast infections is Boric Acid.
Boric acid is a very old fashioned disinfectant that is still sometimes used
for eye problems and a few other things. It is too toxic for babies to use
for thrush, but might work for the diaphram. Boric acid powder is very cheap
and easy to get from most pharmacies.

I wonder if anyone else has questioned the use of vinager for treating yeast.
I was thinking about this when I was reading in a woman's health guide that
you should avoid eating things with vinager when concerned about Candidiasis
because vinager is fermented using yeast. Also, is thrush always caused by
Candida or are there other yeasts that cause problems? I have always wondered
why yeast responds so differently in different people.