From:
Helen M Woodman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 May 1999 12:18:24 EDT
Dear lactpals,

Been nomail for more than a month now.  Had a wonderful holiday with a great
friend in wonderful tropical Trinidad.  Met Trinidadian Lactnet Paed, David
Bratt.  David was kind enough to invite me to his surgery for a morning.  He
took me afterwards to meet  Marilyn Stollmeyer of The Informative
Breastfeeding Service (TIBS).  TIBS info tells me that they <<began operating
in January 1977.  It works to encourage parents to make the best decision for
their babies' health, that is, to give them breastmilk exclusively and to
continue breastfeeding after solids are introduced.  The core counsellors
were trained by the National Childbirth Trust (UK) and subsequent counsellors
have been trained by this method.>>

Back in harness now, telephone calls flowing in since I have changed the
message on my answerphone to say I was contactable; just done a home visit to
mum with awful cracks but with minor changes to positioning baby went to
breast without mother crawling the walls.  Because pain has been so bad she
has felt unable to chose a name for this second child.  After the shock that
it was not hurting she announced that it looked as though she could now think
about choosing a name.  Baby came off breast full to the brim and nipple
untouched.  This is what makes it all worthwhile.
kind regards to you all, Helen M. Woodman, National Childbirth Trust
Breastfeeding Counsellor, UK.