From:
"L. Eric Mueller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:58:47 -0500
I am a hospital lactation consultant. I was just informed by my manager
that our hospital has been notified by Ross that we will no longer be
given free formula (ie we will be billed for all formula). We do about
1800 deliveries per year, have a 75% breastfeeding rate and we have not
given out any freebies for 3 or 4 years nor are formula reps allowed to
set foot in our birth center. We're curious to know if this has happened
to any other hospitals. This is a lot easier than trying to get the
hospital to insist on paying to achieve the same end, but we're wondering
if we were singled out or if this is a new trend.

Surely, there's method to their madness!
Amy Mueller

Amy Mueller, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Traverse City