From:
Melissa Senf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2012 12:35:52 +0000
This sort of conversation would have hurt me also.  I just want to point out that this might just be a 'normal' child behavior in wanting space from a parent.  I know in my years of figuring out who I am, I had to push away from my parents in ways that seemed very hurtful to them.  (i.e. my mom is a public school teacher, and I wanted to homeschool).  At the time, I wish we had both realized that I was just trying figure my own path out.
Melissa