From:
Ann Slaughter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:59:34 -0600
Hi Janice,

Our Level 3 currently gives our moms "Vol-U-Feed" containers (plastic) and
caps.  We occasionally have moms run out of them and bring in glass bottles
from home, or larger plastic commercial bottles.  I have seen some breast
milk brought to the unit in "glass water bottles" issued by the formula
companies.  I do not know if these were routinely given or if this was done
as an emergency situation.  The only container our unit does not accept is
the plastic bottle storage bags.  Not even those designed for milk storage.
This is primarily due to possible spillage, leaking or waste.

Hope this is of some help.

Ann Slaughter RN, IBCLC