From:
Sulman Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:31:04 -0900
I've been thinking about that cookbook idea.  At first I felt, "Oh, no.
Not another group doing a cookbook."  But I got to thinking how much I
would enjoy trying out Kathleen Auerbach's favorite recipe using produce
right from her garden, or Linda Smith's greatest hit at the girls'
volleyball team potluck, or Kathy Dettwyler and Tom Hale and Barbara Wilson
Clay's Texas barbecue, or Pamela Morrison's special regional dish from
Africa, or Jack Newman's best chicken soup......  (I can't name you all
here!)   It could be a lot of fun.  There are many days when I'd welcome a
chance to try a new recipe from an ILCA - or Lactnet - friend from across
the world, rather than making the same old thing for dinner for my ravenous
gang of teenage sons.  So I sent in a couple of our family favorites.  I
know that Lactnet and ILCA are not one and the same, but part of the
pleasure of an ILCA conference is getting to match real faces with names we
know and respect from Lactnet.

I think it will be important for the cookbook to give all measurements in
both teaspoons, cups, etc. and in metric system as well, and temperatures
in both centigrade and fahrenheit, so that all of us can easily adapt the
recipes from other parts of the world.  It must be truly international.

As someone else said, it's better than taking corporate money.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC and LLL leader in Madison, WI