Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 16:18:44 EST
Dear Friends:
    If I want the mother to imprint on the pump, as with a premature or sick
baby separated from her at birth, I would encourage pumping ASAP.
    Otherwise, keep 'em close, skin-to-skin and give them some privacy. How
can an intimate relationship be established with peepers coming in every hour
or two?
    Warmly,
Nikki Lee RN, MSN, Mother of 2, IBCLC, CIMI, CSTP
Elkins Park (a suburb of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; northeastern USA)
supporter of the WHO Code and the Mother Friendly Childbirth Initiative