From:
Laura Aldag <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 12:12:26 -0700
This may have already been discussed here but several weeks ago I heard a
story on NPR about infants starving in Garajda (not sure about the spelling)
somewhere near Sarajevo. They made mention of mothers mixing flour and water
to feed thier infants. Obviously, I immediately wondered why these moms were
not breastfeeding. Does anyone know what is going on over there.....do these
mothers not traditionally breastfeed?  Is there anyone trying to get these
women to start breastfeeding?  A graduate student here at the University of
Arizona is also interested in learning about breastfeeding trends among
gypsies. Does anyone have any suggestion for where I could send her for info
on this?

TIA
Laura Aldag, M.S.,R.D.
Assistant in Extension

the world; indeed its the only thing that has"   Margaret Mead