From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:56:07 +0000
What choice was this mother given?  Sub-standard food for her infant
(raw goat's milk) because she couldn't afford formula, which may be me
risky depending on her living conditions?

'Choice' requires the ability to choose between different options?  And
her 'choice' would no doubt have been, to breastfeed.  This is the
option denied her, by them not extending lactation support, rather than
handing her a goat.

And as such, they have 'chosen' to absent themselves from the issues.
They've decided 'nothing to be done' about her true needs, and given out
an aid package that made her dependent on their aid and may prevent her
from feeling she can breastfeed further infants?  Thus increasing her
dependency on them for more 'aid' in the future?

All underwritten with the emotional blackmail of "Why are you
complaining when we saved this baby's life?"

This really needs to be taken further.

Morgan