From:
Sandy Hess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 11:53:03 -0400
I have e-mailed Chick-fil-A with the following proposal for World
Breastfeeding Week (greatly abbreviated for Lactnet):

For the week or so leading up to WBW, and during that week, please use
food tray covers with the following ad:

    2 cows, possibly "nursing" their calves, and the caption "Cows
Udderly Agree:  Human Milk is Best for Babies.  World Breastfeeding
Week, August 1 - 8."

On the paper tray cover, on the front or back, list benefits of
breastfeeding (which I supplied) to baby, mom, and governmental and
health care financial resources.

I also said that I would send out a call throughout a variety of
organizations which support breastfeeding to eat a meal at Chick-fil-A
during WBW (they have salads, etc. for any vegetarians), possibly on a
certain day.

I also discussed the positive PR, etc.

Also proposed was a suggestion that they print the ad on t-shirts so
families could order them through the CFA catalog that week or around
that time.

I am alerting Lactnuts at *this*time so you can e-mail CFA from their
website @

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/content/feedback/feedback.htm

and send a BRIEF message:  "please adopt the 'Cows Udderly Agree'
Project.  you can count on my family of (#) enjoying a meal at your
restaurant during World Breastfeeding Week, to help defray your costs in
supporting the education of mothers on this vital health care issue."

If you are would be willing to purchase a T-shirt, please say so.

At this point DO NOT send a LONG letter -- I've done that! (and with all
typos fixed before sending it!)   :)  Just let them know you will
support the campaign.

Let others know, so they can send an e-mail, too.

Thanks, and keep your fingers crossed!  I will keep everyone on Lactnet
informed of the progress.

Sandy Hess