Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:26:18 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (40 lines)
Dear friends,

I just wanted to share.  I have just gotten off of the phone with our local newspapers healthpage writer who wants to do a story about
breastfeeding.  (She called me.) She has been meeting a lot of mothers who are going straight to  Alimentum formula instead of any other kind
and wondering why, when they could be breastfeeding if they are really that concerned.  And she would like to have me speak about the
differences in breastfeeding and formula.  (Her first question was 'what do you know about the different kinds of formula and what do you
recommend?'  Immediately, I let her know what I do and that I am not in anyway able to recommend a specific formula.  I will put something
together about the DHA/AA issues and why the Alimentum or Neutramigen is a good idea if anything other than human milk is used in the first
days.)

Then I mentioned the Vitamin D issue at hand and she hadn't yet heard about the blanket statement by the AAP and she was very interested to
hear about it.

Since, I have spoken with several mothers already about the Vitamin D recommendations, we felt this would be a good forum to explain the
situation.

Ironically, I have been putting together a lot of information from the recent posts, and will share items from the CBI and Cynthia's information (may
I have your permission, please, Cynthia? it will probably be short snippets of what is said because I know how our paper writes.  I will forward
anything that is from your post or article to you, for your approval, first.) and I will give credit and direct mothers to the website and Mothering
magazine.

What a timely opportunity!  I have one week before my interview.  Wish me luck and if anyone has any wisdom to share please reply off list or on.

Thank you,

Cheryl Marian
Thank you

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2