Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:27:03 -0500
Please forgive this repeat of last weekend's posting.

I have been off Lactnet for a while, studying hard, and now I have some
questions for you all. I've written them up in questionnaire form to make it
easier for you to give quick answers, without typing too much.

Let me introduce myself. I have been in private practice since 1993, past
> president of the Massachusetts Lactation Consultant Association, and am
> currently finishing the MSN program at MGH-IHP. In May I will sit for NP
> certification in both women's health and adult primary care. Next year I
> will complete the course work for post-grad certification in pediatrics.
Am currently writing master's thesis on ductal yeast, hoping to publish
review of literature and report of incidence, WITH YOUR HELP!

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer these questions. Please
reply to me privately. I will compile the results and send them out on
LACTNET. I think many of us are curious about this subject.

How many cases of ductal yeast did you see in 2000?

What criteria do you use for making that diagnosis?

What treatment did you recommend? What references did you use?
Pat Gima's protocol?
Chris Hafner-Eaton's suggestions in Midwifery 6/97?
Ruth Lawrence's suggestions?
Riordan and Auerbach's protocol?
Other

What level of cooperation did you receive from prescribing health care
providers/
Prescribed diflucan (Fluconazole)
What dose?
For how long?
<5 days
5-10 days
11-15 days
16-20 days
>20 days
Other

Prescribed topical antifungal
nystatin (Mycostatin, Mycolog)
clotrimazole (Lotrimin, Mycelex)
ketoconazole (Nizoral)
miconazole (Lotrimin)
terbinafine (Lamisil)
Other

Prescribed/suggested anti-inflammatory meds
Aspirin
ibuprofen
COX-2 inhibitors
Other

Prescribed antibiotics
Which one(s)? What dose? How long?

Suggested alternative/complementary therapies
Vitamins
Herbs
Acupuncture
Massage therapy
Other

Suggested weaning or other alteration in breastfeeding routine

What were your outcomes?

Would you mind describing your practice briefly?
Approximately how many lactation patients per year.
Referral sources.
Private solo practice vs. in medical office/hospital practice.
Your credentials/certifications.
Years of experience as IBCLC, CLE, RN, other.

Thank you again TREMENDOUSLY for your help!