From:
Rick Huntze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 13:15:34 -0600
Jennifer,
The recent posts from you and others have been very helpful and clarifying
regarding the milk/rice/soy thing.  I have one question, though.  What about
the baby between the ages of one and two years who has weaned prematurely
due to mother's pregnancy?  If it were me, personally, I would offer this
babe expressed mother's milk once the new baby came.  What about the older
toddler/preschooler with food sensitivities?  In both cases I am referring
to a child who has weaned prematurely for some reason, not due biological
readiness, as KD mentioned.  In both situations, mother's milk would be
beneficial for an extended period of time (3+years).  What would a second
choice be?  Water, rice milk...?
Thanks for your input!
Respectfully  yours,
Lisa Huntze, LLLL, IBCLC

One more thing...I am assuming the above children would have a really solid
whole foods diet, but what if they didn't?