From:
Hotheaded Red <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Oct 1996 20:23:15 -0500
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Carol Schlef, RNC, MSW, IBCLC wrote:

> << Our complaints should be in full force to Clairol. E-mail 'em
>  and use L'Oreal.
>   >>
> No!! DON'T use L'Oreal!!  It's on the Nestle boycott list.

And not to beat a dead horse here, but the response you received (the
original poster here) was a FORM letter that was sent to each and every
one of us who wrote to UNICEF. Ms. Seymour OBVIOUSLY posed for the
commercial WITH the twins being bottlefed. That was HER choice. How on
earth can she be "terribly upset about the incident"???? There *is* no
incident. It is bad judgment on UNICEFS part period. What she does on her
television show has NOTHING to do with her image in "real life." Not only
that but recent episodes of this show have been fairly pro-breastfeeding
BUT when faced with an issue of having to leave her baby with the
television father, she tried a "new formula" which made her baby sick. She
then decided to use that "only in emergencies."  How about hand
expressing??? I am sorry but there are far more appropriate PR candidates
for an organization which is purported to be ANTI- formula.  They sent out
the same response to EVERYONE who even mentioned that Seymour was shown
bottlefeeding in that commercial.  That shows a lack of respect for our
comments.

Heidi Murphy
Peer Counselor