From:
Karen Foard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 11:41:59 -0500
I asked KB if this was ok to post..she said yes!

Our ILCA affiliate is planning a fall 98 conference  and we want to do it
right.  Our planning committee would love to know your responses to

"The best thing about a conference I went to was..."     or

 " My favorite breastfeeding/lactation conference would  include these:
topics, facility conveniences, extra touches such as..."

You know--what makes a good conference good, and a bad one, well, bad!
It's those extra things, like accessible conference planners, available
resources, good outlines/bibliographies, timely lunches, etc. that make a
particular conference well worth the bucks.  We can all think of the best
and worst parts of conferences!! Please respond!!

I would also like to "pick the brains" of those who have served on
conference committees as to the glitches they wished they had planned for,
or what they did that was so-o-o-o-o helpful. Advertisement tips, menu
selection etc.

Speakers: What conference planning/ or lack thereof impacted your feelings
about how a conference proceeded?  What would a good conference do for you?

Any of the above info would be greatly appreciated; financial aspects/or
really negative experiences should perhaps go to private email,

Thanks to all--since most, if not all, of us have been to a conference or
two and may have ideas and suggestions!!

Karen Foard, IBCLC, President, PA-MILC (central PA affiliate)