From:
Polly Sue Ekin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Aug 1998 20:36:23 -0700
In defense of Indian doctors, my Indian endocrinologist was the only doctor
I found who understood my not wanting to wean to take I131 for thyroid
disease. Very supportive of long term nursing, he's at a teaching hospital,
and on one of my appointments he even gave the surprised intern a lecture
on how bottlefeeding has negative effect on world population! When I
expressed dismay about not having regained my girlish figure he told me to
forget about it - if I lived in India my mother would be taking care of me
during the postpartum time and I wouldn't even be thinking about it.
Apparently traditional Indian mothers are not asking how soon they can jump
back into aerobics after the birth.
Polly Ekin, La Leche League Leader