Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:20:58 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
I am reading all the posts on this topic and making notes. An official response will come from IBLCE on this document. 

I am the new ILCA/IBLCE Delegate and I am, as of October,  the new chair of the IBLCE Certification Committee. 

The Certification Committee drafted the Scope of Practice last year when ironically the majority of the members of the Certification Committee  were not from the USA;  the Certification Committee Chair, at that time, was from Australia. Other members then on this committee were from Europe, the UK, Australia, Canada and two members were from the USA. 

The document was then completed by the full IBLCE Board during the March 2006 IBLCE Board meeting; at that time there were 10 IBCLCs on the IBLCE Board.  The document was then sent to the full ILCA Board for feedback and discussion during their March 2006 board meeting. IBLCE recieived edits from ILCA which were incorporated into the final version approved in Sept 2006 by IBLCE.

Please copy me on all emails regarding this issue and I will bring these to the IBLCE Board's attention; I will make sure your concerns are also raised and addressed by the IBLCE  Certification Committee. 

I leave in less than 24 hours for the ILCA Board meeting where I will raise these concerns with them as well.

Yours Respectfully,
Maureen Fjeld, IBCLC, RLC
ILCA Delegate on the IBLCE Board, 2006-9
Calgary, AB, Canada
[log in to unmask] 

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2