From:
Sandra Steingraber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:21:53 -0400
I'm still catching up on postings from the past few months, so sorry
this response is so late in coming.  For those still interested in
photos of breastfeeding mothers and their nurslings, the Breast
Cancer Fund in San Francisco has recently released a wonderful poster
consisting of about 12-16 black and white studio portraits of mothers
joyfully breastfeeding their babies, who appear to range in age from
newborn to toddler.  The mothers are of various ages, races, body
types, and ethnicities.  All are naked from the waist up, but,
somehow, no nipples or pigmented aureolas are actually visible.  The
lighting is dramatic and lovely; clearly all the photos are the work
of one very skilled photographer.  The title of the poster is "Got
Milk?"  and there is some kind of text written at the bottom
explaining why breast is best and why a breast cancer group like BCF
is interested in promoting breastfeeding.  (I forget the exact
explanation.)  I saw a copy of the poster last month at the
conference in California.  I have no more information other than
this, so don't email me.  Instead, contact Andrea Martin, ex. dir.
Breast Cancer Fund:  [log in to unmask]

What I liked best about this poster is that it made breastfeeding
seem like such sensuous fun!

warmly,

Sandra
--